Home >> Cloud Computing Offers
What Cloud Computing Offers to Companies
According to Cio, cloud computing went “mainstream” in 2018. They estimated that 96% of organizations use cloud computing offers in some way. This means that almost every organization is using cloud computing.
Public cloud is quite popular with 31% of enterprises prioritizing it. Some of them prefer hybrid cloud computing offers. But, 17% still prefer a balance of public and private cloud computing offers.
These numbers tell that more and more enterprises are accepting cloud computing offers. From these numbers, we could also expect that all enterprises in the future will rely on cloud.
The answer to why cloud computing is gaining more and more acceptance is simple. Enterprises have already saw the benefits of accepting cloud computing offers. These benefits are simply features that make up what is cloud computing.
Cloud Computing Offers Adaptability
Scalability is one of the traits that define what is cloud computing. Cloud computing offers also commonly cite it as one of the advantages of the platform. It makes the platform adaptable or flexible to changes.
1. Cloud Computing offers adjustments based on business size. Because of its scalable nature, cloud computing could easily adjust to business sizes.
Cloud computing offers that it does not matter if your business is small-time or big-time. The platform could easily adjust to your business’s needs.
For example, you may have started your business small. Because the business is small, you would only need little storage capacity for data.
But, over the years, your business may have grown into one of the biggest names in an industry. This would not be problem with cloud computing, though. This is because it could easily scale up to meet with your growing business needs.
2. Cloud Computing offers industry-specific solutions. This is also what scalability in cloud computing offers do. Cloud computing services could be easily transformed to cater to a business’s industry.
Businesses across different industries can have different needs. Some businesses may prefer prioritizing cloud security over data storage capacity. Some may prefer prioritizing the latter, though, than the former.
For example, healthcare businesses may demand more data storage capacity for patients’ information. Law firms may prefer stronger cloud security, though, for protecting clients’ data.
3. Cloud Computing offers variety in storage options. Cloud computing offers a variety in storage options. You may use a public cloud or a private cloud. You may even use a hybrid cloud.
Public cloud computing offers storage that is usually free or low-cost. This service makes efficient use of resources by sharing them to multiple users.
Private cloud, then, is dedicated to a single entity and not meant for public use. They are offered through a secured and private network. Some businesses that prioritize security may avail private cloud computing offers.
Other businesses prefer a combination of the two types. This combination of public and private cloud features in called hybrid cloud. As what have been already said, 17% of enterprises prefer hybrid cloud platforms.
Cloud Computing Offers Efficiency
Cloud computing offers, not only flexibility, but also efficiency in use of resources.
You might get surprised about just how big the benefits of cloud computing really are. Efficiency is not only promised within IT resources. Other resources also include work time, work loads, and even money.
1. Cloud Computing offers easy yet secured access to data. Cloud computing services are delivered through the Internet. This means that you could access these resources in any device you like.
You can access cloud computing services in any desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. So, you could access these resource in any place or time that you want.
This allows you to do work without having to drive to the office. In on-premise environments, though, this will be impossible.
2. Cloud Computing offers less cost on infrastructure. This is because cloud services are offered through the Internet. You no longer have to invest so much money on infrastructure.
Cloud computing offers include virtualized servers, networks, software, and other services. So, the burden of building infrastructure is no longer on the shoulders of the user. It is now the business of the service provider.
Cloud Computing Offers Strategic Edge
Cloud computing offers fitting your platform close to your business’s condition. The platform can do this by scaling either up or down depending on your business’s needs. Besides, it could also make work and other resources efficient.
Because of these reasons, cloud computing offers strategic edge over your competitors. This is true especially when your competitors still use on-premise platforms.
1. Cloud Computing offers efficient working experience. Cloud resources can be accessed using any Internet-enabled device. So, your employees could access them in any place or time that they want.
In on-premise environments, the resources are all located in a remote location. So, work has to be done within that same location where the resources are located. This adds extra time, money, and labor wasted on travelling and travel costs.
In cloud computing environments employees can work at home or anywhere they want.
2. Cloud Computing offers the most advanced solutions. Cloud platforms could easily be updated since they are offered through the Internet.
On-premise environments could be much harder and more expensive to update. This is because such platforms are limited with hardware and storage capacity. Updates are also the concern of the user in on-premise platforms.
In cloud platforms, updates are done, not by the user, but by the service provider. So, the user can focus more on work than IT affairs.
There is a reason why cloud computing offers are gaining more and more acceptance. Businesses may have been experience these offers in practice. You may try them out yourself by integrating cloud computing into your own business.